We have more and more indoor stations where it is necessary to retrieve an accessory (a key, an access card or a remote control) via a lockbox in order to be able to access the parking lot.
Why are some stations equipped with a box?
- As mentioned above, there are stations where it is necessary to collect a key (or other accessories) before being able to access the vehicles. Learn more.
- We also have a number of vehicles located in areas where there is no cellular communication. An accessory is therefore also necessary to access the station and/or the reserved vehicle. You will recognize these stations easily by the “(NoCom)” mention at the end of their name. Learn more.
You will know if a station is equipped with a box or not by clicking on the name of the station, when selecting a vehicle (before booking it), or by clicking on “Important information” in the Communauto app.
Opening and closing the lockbox
- To open a box, simply dial the 6-digit combination and turn the centre handle clockwise (to the right).
- To close, simply put the door back in place.
Be careful! Is the lockbox really closed?
Before leaving, make sure the box is truly closed and locked. Otherwise, its content could be accessible to everyone…and we don’t want that!
Where to find the code?
A 6-digit code is required to open the boxes. You will find the code:
- In the reservation confirmation message (if you have chosen to receive them)
- In the list of upcoming trips (click on the reservation to display the details)
- In the current reservation bar (click on the bar at the top of the screen to display the information).
The codes are different from station to station and can be updated at any time. It is therefore preferable to confirm the code when the time comes to access a box.