Good news! The first 100% electric Niro FLEX vehicles will be available as of today in Montreal. Just in time for the long weekend! In total, 50 Niros will be put into service over the next few days. That means that soon one in two electric vehicles will be a Niro. (50 Niros and 58 Leafs, for a total for 108 electric vehicles.)
Contrary to the Leaf, this new 100% electric model has a range of 450 km.
Update your Communauto app
With the arrival of the Niro, it becomes very important to have the latest version of the Communauto mobile app (version 1.216), otherwise you won’t be able to differentiate the Niro from gas vehicles, and you won’t be able to obtain information on the Niro’s level of battery charge. If you are still using an older version of the app, look for the model name when you block a FLEX. This way you won’t have any surprises.
Here are some features and functions of the Niro:
- Time to fully recharge:
- 3 hours with a rapid charger (level 3)
- 13 hours with a 220 volt charger (level 2)
- 60 hours with a 120 volt household outlet (level 1)
- 60/40 folding rear seats (for all your outdoor gear!)
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Auto-folding exterior side mirrors
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
Remember that you can use the Electric Circuit card available in the glove box to charge the electric vehicle during your trip, but you are not permitted to end your trip at a public charging station.