Gassing up is so simple with Communauto! A credit card is provided in all vehicles and valid at most gas stations in Canada, not just Shell.
To use the credit card, you must first activate it in the Communauto app:
- Click on “Credit card” in the reservation banner.
- This will give you the code that you will need to enter at the pump (the card remains active for 15 minutes).
- The maximum amount allowed is $100 (do not select a higher amount).
It is not necessary to provide us with receipts for purchases made with these cards.
Please note: If you plan to travel to the United States, plan your own means of payment and submit your receipts for reimbursement.
IMPORTANT: These cards only work under very specific conditions (see below). You must therefore always have on hand the necessary to pay for your purchases yourself just in case.
Here’s what you need to know:
- For security reasons, credit cards can only be used during an active reservation and must be activated in the mobile app before each use;
- Activating a card will not be possible if you are outside the cellular network. Make sure you have other means of payment, in case this happens;
- The card will be active for a period of 15 minutes, and can be reactivated as many times as necessary during the reservation;
- Transactions can only be made at the pump, at all gas stations across the country (not just Shell stations);
- As a security measure, the amount to be pre-authorized at the pump is $100 maximum. The card may not work if the daily maximum is reached;
- Be sure to put the card back in the holder after use, otherwise, you will not be able to end your trip correctly;
- Although you do not have to give us your receipts for purchases made with these cards, it is prudent to keep them for control purposes until the corresponding trips are billed.
- If you use another means of payment during purchase and wish to obtain a credit, you must always provide us with your receipts via the app or your online account. Learn more >