To learn more about our commitments in respect of privacy and the protection of personal data of our users, we invite you to read our Privacy and Personal Data Management Policy.
What are cookies and similar technologies?
Cookies and similar technologies (referred to as “cookies” in this policy) are small text files that we store via your browser on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Some cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our services, others may require your consent to be used.
- Personalizing the browsing experience.
- Improving the user-friendliness of our sites by avoiding repetitive clicks (repetition of sessions).
- Adapting our services taking into account the tools used by visitors.
- Improving their ergonomics and developing new tools based on what we learn from the activity on our sites.
- Perform statistical analysis.
- Compile information that can be used in aggregate form (therefore anonymous) to negotiate agreements with business partners.
- Identify and understand any technical problems related to the operation of our sites.
IP address information is also used to limit access to our sites in order to protect us from the risk of cyber attacks that may originate from locations outside of our service area.
Types of cookies
There are five main types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our various web environments and ensure their proper functioning.
- Functionality: These cookies remember the selections you have made, for example the city that corresponds to the branch where you use the service, your language and any changes you may have made to the text size, and other settings of the web pages that can be personalized to make your visits more enjoyable. The information these cookies collect on one site cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Performance: These cookies collect information about how our sites are used, for example which pages you visit, if you receive error messages and how you got to our site. These cookies are sometimes placed by third party web traffic and analytics service providers. To meet its needs, Communauto uses Google Analytics. For more information on how Google processes and collects your information and how you can opt out, please see the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Targeting: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and presumed interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember other websites you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations, such as advertisers.
- Social media: These cookies allow users to share content from our sites on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not under our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the social media providers to know how their cookies work.
How to refuse or delete our cookies?
When you visit any of our sites or use our mobile application, an information banner will appear asking if you agree to the use of all cookies, or if you want to manage cookies. Whatever you decide, cookies will only be activated after your acceptance.
You can also modify your choices and settings at any time using the following methods:
You can also control and delete our cookies through your browser settings. Refer to the help and support sections of your browser to find out how to block or delete cookies.
Please note that you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our websites or mobile application if you delete or reject certain cookies.